If you are a music fan-don't miss this Southern Sounds tour!Begin with two overnights in New Orleans, where your expert Local Guide knows the sights and sounds of the Old World City. From New Orleans, travel to Tupelo, Mississippi, to visit Elvis' Birthplace & Museum. This small, 2-room house was built by Elvis' father. Enjoy seeing memorabilia from Elvis' childhood. Stay three nights in Memphis, where your expert Local Guide knows Memphis' history, like no one else-including the inside, 'backstage' stories from the folks who were there. In addition to guided sightseeing, your Memphis experience includes visits to the Stax Museum, dedicated to American Soul music; the Rock 'n' Soul Museum, tracing Memphis' cultural and musical past; and Sun Studio, probably the world's most famous recording studio. Here, you'll relive the studio's history.You'll also visit Graceland, Elvis' palatial estate, and walk through the same rooms he did. You'll even board his private jet! Also visit the Meditation Garden, where Elvis went to reflect on life and where he is laid to rest. In Nashville, where you'll spend two nights, visit Studio B, Nashville's oldest surviving recording studio. As one of country music's most important recording studios, it is a must for any music fan. You'll also visit the Country Music Hall of Fame, home to Elvis' 'solid-gold' Cadillac, and the world-famous Grand Ole Opry, where you'll see a show. For music lovers, this Southern Sounds tour designed for value-minded travelers is a once-in-a-lifetime vacation!
Call (614) 272-5229 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15545028
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||New Orleans||Welcome to New Orleans! Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||New Orleans||The morning is dedicated to the sights and sounds of this Old World city on a guided sightseeing tour. First, visit the French Quarter, including St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square. Next, learn about the city's unique burial customs at an above-ground cemetery, followed by a leisurely drive down historic St. Charles Avenue to enjoy its stately mansions and clanging streetcars.|
|Day 3||NEW ORLEANS-INDIANOLA-MEMPHIS||Depart New Orleans this morning for Indianola, hometown of the legendary musician B.B. King. Visit the B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center to learn about B.B (Blues Boy) King's 60-plus year career. Learn about his time as a sharecropper to his big break on Memphis' Beale Street and the international music star he became. Artifacts, images, and a guitar studio, where visitors can play instruments, bring it all to life. Afterward, journey to Memphis, where you spend the next two nights.|
|Day 4||Memphis||This morning, experience this amazing city on your guided city sightseeing tour. Your expert Local Guide knows the history of Memphis like no one else-including the inside, 'backstage' stories from the folks who were there. For music lovers, a visit to the Rock 'n' Soul Museum, which traces Memphis' cultural and musical past. End the day with a visit to Sun Studio, probably the most famous recording studio in the world, where rock 'n' roll was first recorded. Hear outtakes from sessions, stand in the very same spot that Elvis first recorded, see memorabilia, and relive the history of the studio that launched the careers of Johnny Cash, BB King, and many other music legends.|
|Day 5||Memphis Excursion To Graceland||Today is dedicated to a guided audio tour of Graceland. Experience life as Elvis did by walking through the decadent and quirky rooms where he felt truly at home. Finish your tour of Graceland with a visit to the Meditation Garden, where Elvis often went to reflect on life, and where he is now laid to rest along with members of his family. You'll also be able to board 'The King's' private jet! Tonight check in to the Guest House at Graceland.|
|Day 6||MEMPHIS-NASHVILLE||Today, we head to Nashville-'Music City USA.' Upon arrival, go behind the scenes of the music industry by visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame with its glittering costumes, rare instruments, and Elvis Presley's 'solid-gold' Cadillac. Overnight in the heart of 'Music City'. This evening, join the optional outing and be entertained with songs from so many of country music's greats!|
|Day 7||Nashville||Nashville is the ideal destination for music fans, history buffs, and lovers of the South. Start your day with a visit to RCA Studio B, Nashville's oldest surviving recording studio and one of the country's most important. Between 1957 and 1977, more than 35,000 songs were recorded here, including 262 Elvis Presley recordings. Studio B is a 'must-see' for any music fan, but especially for those who love Elvis. Afterward, enjoy an orientation tour of the city, passing by famous Music Row recording studios, the center of the recording industry, which first developed in the 1950s. Tonight, see an unforgettable show at the world-famous Grand Ole Opry, the world's premier country music venue since 1925 and the setting for the nation's longest-running music show. (B)|
|Day 8||Nashville||Your vacation ends this morning. You can extend your vacation with extra nights and explore 'Music City USA' further. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).