Brochure Type: Asia 2021
Delve into the layers of Cambodia's captivating culture, ancient lost capitals and rural villages, witnessing first-hand beautifully choreographed performances, local cooking customs and the centuries-old traditions that remain to this day.
- VISIT Siem Reap Old Town, the temples of Angkor Wat, Banteay Srei, Wat Damnak, Angkor Thom, Ta Prohm and Peak Sneng Village
- 4 breakfasts
- 1 dinner
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (614) 272-5229 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15399990
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 5 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Siem Reap||ARRIVE SIEM REAP (4 NIGHTS): Our gateway to the magnificent temples of the lost city of Angkor Wat is Cambodia's cultural heart, Siem Reap. On arrival, you'll be transferred to your hotel. This evening is at leisure.|
|Day 2||ANGKOR WAT AND SIEM REAP||ANGKOR WAT AND SIEM REAP SIGHTSEEING: Today, we venture deep into the Cambodian jungle, through a pyramid-shaped gateway into an ancient world. Serene stone faces watch over us as we cross the causeway suspended over a moat into the spiritual heart of the ancient lost city of Angkor. A 'Local Specialist' and renowned Khmer scholar brings to life the stories behind the intricate carvings and murals of celestial nymphs and mythical serpents along the abandoned hallways of Angkor Wat. Our next stop are the terracotta-hued walls of Banteay Srei Temple - the "Citadel of Women" dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva. We'll have time to admire the 10th century carvings of women, said to have been too delicate to have been carved by a man, hence its name. This afternoon, we'll return to Siem Reap and embark on a walking tour. We 'Make A Difference' to the lives of rural youths during our visit to Artisans d'Angkor, where we'll witness the revival of Khmer arts and crafts. Later we'll visit Wat Damnak and participate in a private blessing ceremony during which a sacred thread will be tied around our wrists to protect against evil spirits. Our final stop today is to the labyrinthine Old Market, where the locals spend their early mornings shopping for fresh fruit, vegetables and spices. Wander past the busy stalls and smell freshly baked baguettes, a remnant of the country's French heritage.|
|Day 3||ANGKOR AND SIEM REAP||ANGKOR AND SIEM REAP: Our intimate encounter with a lost empire continues today, as we uncover other iconic sites of the ancient abandoned city of Angkor that have been devoured by the Cambodian jungle. We explore its ancient ruins in the company of saffron-clad monks and monkeys that clamber up and over the roots of centuries-old trees that have carved their way deep into the Great City's walls. Our first stop today is a visit to the fortified Angkor Thom, where we'll see such iconic sites as the Terrace of Elephants, the Royal Enclosure and the Temple of Bayon with its giant smiling faces of Buddha. We venture underneath the dense tree canopy to the crumbling, moss-covered ruins of the Buddhist temple of Ta Prohm, which featured as the location for the film 'Tomb Raider', exploring its towers courtyards and corridors to uncover the intricate stone reliefs that are shielded by the surrounding foliage. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure or consider joining an Optional Experience to learn the secrets of Khmer cuisine.|
|Day 4||Peak Sneng Village||PEAK SNENG VILLAGE: We begin the day in the company of local Khmer villagers and 'Make A Difference' with a visit to their local school for an opportunity to chat to some of the children who will join us on our walk through the village to see how they spend their day-to-day lives. We'll 'Dive Into Culture', gaining insights into their time-honoured craft traditions, such as weaving Cambodia's national hats made from palm leaves, or folding Lotus flowers into delicate works of art. After the rest of the day at leisure, we'll join our Travel Director and fellow expeditioners for a Farewell Dinner with Apsara dance show.|
|Day 5||Siem Reap||DEPART SIEM REAP: Transfer to the airport for your onward flight.|
- Flights: to and from Siem Reap are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class