Don't be shy-you're not the only daydreaming traveler with a major crush on Scotland. With its lush rolling hills, dramatic coastlines, tiny villages, and towering fairytale castles, what's not to love? On this Undiscovered Tour of Scotland, you'll feel your heart skip a beat as you journey through the breathtaking Highlands, ferry to its most beautiful islands, and immerse yourself in a world of haunting bagpipes, hallowed battlefields, and hoppy brews-the perfect choice for washing down traditional fish and chips at a Scottish chippy. With visits to the Neolithic village of Skara Brae, the legendary golf town of St. Andrews, and a famous whisky distillery for a tour and a wee dram, this Scotland vacation offers countless opportunities to raise a glass to your many passions. Making a spectacular scenic loop from Edinburgh to Glasgow, this Scottish Highland Fling tour is indeed an affair to remember.
Call (614) 272-5229 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15246590
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Edinburgh||Welcome to Edinburgh! Free time this afternoon. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Edinburgh||EDINBURGH Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the New Town and Old Town. Visit to Edinburgh Castle to see Scotland's Crown Jewels. Free time this afternoon.EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO Attend the world-renowned Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo performance. (Departures August 05 through August 26 only). (B)|
|Day 3||Inverness||ST. ANDREWS See the home of golf and famous university town.PITLOCHRY Guided walk through the Victorian mountain resort. Scenic drive through the Grampian Mountains and Cairngorms National Park.CULLODEN Visit the Culloden battlefield site and visitor center. (B) 201 mi / 323 km|
|Day 4||Thurso||ROSS-SHIRE [LF] Guided tour of a whisky distillery.DUNROBIN Guided visit to the castle and walled gardens.THURSO Free time before dinner. (B,D) 110 mi / 177 kmENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Thurso with an excursion to a local pub before dinner. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 5||Thurso||JOHN O'GROATS Scenic ferry crossing to South Ronaldsay.ORKNEY ISLANDS Sightseeing via a local coach with a driver-guide includes the four Churchill Barriers, Scapa Flow, Skara Brae, the Ring of Brodgar, and Kirkwall. [LF] Guided tour of The Orkney Brewery, light lunch at the Tasting Hall cafe, visit to Skaill House. Return to the mainland by ferry in the late afternoon. (B,L) 90 mi / 145 km|
|Day 6||Gairloch||Scenic drive along the North Coast 500 route via Durness and Scourie.ULLAPOOL Visit to the fishing port includes [LF] a traditional fish & chips lunch at a local restaurant. (B,L,D) 194 mi / 312 km|
|Day 7||Oban||ISLE OF SKYE Drive across the Inner Hebridean island. Return to the mainland by ferry across the Sound of Sleat to Mallaig.GLENFINNAN See the monument to fallen Jacobite clansmen and the famous viaduct.FORT WILLIAM See the gateway to Ben Nevis, the UK's highest peak.GLEN COE Scenic drive en route to Oban. (B,D) 234 mi / 376 km|
|Day 8||Oban||OBAN Ferry crossing to the Isle of Mull.ISLE OF MULL Scenic drive across the island.ISLE OF IONA See the burial place of many Scottish kings and chiefs. Visit one of the first Christian monasteries in the British Isles. (B,D) 94 mi / 151 km|
|Day 9||Glasgow||Scenic drive through Loch Lomond & the The Trossachs National Park.LOCH LOMOND Visit the lake.GLASGOW Orientation drive to see the 12th-century cathedral, university buildings, and Georgian squares. Free time this afternoon before a farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D) 91 mi / 147 km|
|Day 10||Glasgow||GLASGOW Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).