Your escape to Switzerland begins in the dynamic city of Zurich, where you'll meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers for a welcome dinner served at your hotel. Your stay in Zurich includes an orientation of the Old Town. Take a scenic drive to lakeside Neuchatel with its impressive castle and medieval cathedral, time to stroll along its lake promenade. Lake Geneva, situated at the foot of the Alps, is your spectacular base for 2 nights.Your Swiss Escape includes a visit to the stately capital of Berne. Enjoy a guided tour of the city to see Bear Park, a panoramic view from the Rose Garden, the Old Town's Clock Tower with its painted figures, and the flowered-adorned fountains. In lovely Lucerne, be captivated by the Lion Monument, dedicated to the fallen Swiss Guards of the French Revolution, as well as the ornate patrician houses of the Old Town. Cross the famous covered Chapel Bridge to Lucerne's Jesuit church. Drive through the magnificent Swiss Alps via the famous St. Gotthard tunnel to the Italian-speaking area of Switzerland, home to the lakeside town of Lugano. Enjoy a full day to relax or explore this beautiful setting, before a farewell dinner on your last night in Switzerland. The wonderful memories of your Swiss Escape are made all the sweeter by the absence of high-season crowds on your stunning Switzerland escorted vacation.
Call (614) 272-5229 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15246245
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Welcome to Zurich! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Lake Geneva||Walk through Zurich's OLD TOWN, Switzerland's center of banking and commerce, before departing on your Swiss adventure. You'll quickly discover that Switzerland isn't just home to the Alps, but also to some of the world's most beautiful lakes. Enjoy a scenic drive to lakeside Neuchatel, dominated by the medieval cathedral and castle. Time to stroll along the lake promenade before continuing to your overnight destination.Today's Distance: 174 mi / 280 km (B)|
|Day 3||Lake Geneva||This morning, a guided visit to the nearby CHILLON CASTLE is included. Beautifully located on the banks of Lake Geneva, the castle was used as a residence and toll station by the Counts of Savoy from the 12th to the 16th century. Spend the afternoon and evening at leisure. (B)|
|Day 4||Lucerne||Arrive in the stately capital of Berne. Your guided tour starts with a stop at the BEAR PARK, symbol for the name of the town, followed by a panoramic view of the city from the Rose Garden. Walk through the beautifully preserved medieval Old Town, witness the hourly parade of painted figures at the Clock Tower, and marvel at the ornate, flower-adorned fountains. Leave the Berner Oberland and drive to picturesque Lucerne. Today's Distance: 155 mi / 250 km (B)|
|Day 5||Lucerne||During your orientation walk, be captivated by Thorwaldsen's impressive LION MONUMENT, dedicated to the Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution. See the ornate patrician houses of the walled Old Town, then cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit church. A breathtaking optional excursion is available to one of Lucerne's mountains. This evening, enjoy dinner with regional specialties at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Lugano||A spectacular drive straight through the Swiss Alps brings you via the famous St. Gotthard tunnel to the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland, and to elegant Lugano. Later, why not sign up for an optional excursion to make the most out of your stay?Today's Distance: 112 mi / 180 km (B)|
|Day 7||Lugano||A full day at leisure gives you the chance to explore more of the local area. Join an optional excursion to visit the UNESCO protected Castles of Bellinzona. Tonight, a farewell dinner will be served at your hotel to celebrate your Swiss Escape. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Lugano||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Milan, Italy.) (B)|
- US$ Price Details
All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips tinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.