GLOBUS 2021: Scottish Highland Fling (GM)
10 days from Edinburgh to Glasgow
Call (614) 272-5229 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15133494
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Edinburgh||Welcome to Edinburgh! Check into your hotel with the rest of the day to discover the Scottish capital at your own pace. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Edinburgh||Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town' and the famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the 'Old Town,' visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. The afternoon is free. Tonight, don't miss our optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis. For departure numbers August 6 through August 27, tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO, a vast spectacle of massed Scottish pipe bands that takes place in an arena on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. (B)|
|Day 3||Inverness||Travel over the elegant Forth Road Bridge and through Fife to St. Andrews, home of golf and famous university town. Cross the Firth of Tay and from Dundee, head into the Highlands for a visit of the Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry. Drive through the Grampian Mountains and Cairngorms National Park to CULLODEN VISITOR CENTRE, that reveals the story of the crushing Hanoverian victory over Bonnie Prince Charlie's Scottish clans. Spend the next night in Inverness, the Highland capital.Today's Distance: 201 mi / 323 km (B)|
|Day 4||Thurso||Continue an unforgettable journey with a guided tour of a [LF] WHISKY DISTILLERY. Then, follow the coast road to majestic DUNROBIN CASTLE, perched on a high terrace above walled gardens and for centuries the seat of the Dukes and Earls of Sutherland. Overnight in Thurso, the most northerly town on Britain's mainland. Before dinner, you may choose to join an optional excursion to a local pub.Today's Distance: 110 mi / 177 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Thurso||A fascinating day full of adventure. At John o'Groats, board a FERRY for the 45-minute crossing to South Ronaldsay, one of the Orkney Islands, where a local coach and driver-guide await you. Cross the four Churchill Barriers and overlook Scapa Flow, where the German fleet scuttled itself in World War I. After a light LUNCH at the Tasting Hall cafe, take a guided tour of the award-winning [LF] ORKNEY BREWERY and sample the local ale. Then, head for SKARA BRAE, where you'll see the fascinating remains of a 5,000-year-old Neolithic village and visit SKAILL HOUSE. Yet more highlights: the Ring of Brodgar, the Orkneys' Stonehenge, and Kirkwall, the small and picturesque island capital. Return to the mainland by FERRY in the late afternoon.Today's Distance: 90 mi / 145 km (B,L)|
|Day 6||Gairloch||A day to sit back and enjoy The North Coast 500 route. Admire the breathtakingly wild and unspoiled scenery: rugged beaches, convoluted passes, and ghostly ruins. Drive via Durness and Scourie to Ullapool. Visit this pretty fishing port and enjoy a traditional [LF] FISH & CHIPS lunch at a local restaurant. Overnight in Gairloch in the North-West Highlands.Today's Distance: 194 mi / 312 km (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Oban||Striking landscapes, unusual rock formations, and dramatic waterfalls will capture your attention on the beautiful Isle of Skye. Return to the mainland by FERRY across the Sound of Sleat to Mallaig. Pause at Glenfinnan to see the monument to fallen Jacobite clansmen and the famous viaduct well known to Harry Potter fans before reaching Fort William beneath Ben Nevis. Travel through intensely dramatic and scenic Glen Coe, before arriving at Oban, a lively port town on the western coast and gateway to Scotland's Hebridean islands.Today's Distance: 234 / 376 km (B,D)|
|Day 8||Oban||Take the ferry to the Isle of Mull. Land at Craignure and enjoy the scenic drive to the departure point of the passenger ferry across to the beautiful and fascinating Isle of Iona. This is the burial place of many Scottish kings and chiefs, including Macbeth. And it is here that in 563 A.D. St. Columba established one of the first Christian monasteries in the British Isles. Time to visit the cathedral and explore the religious settlement before returning to Oban. (B,D)Today's Distance: 94 mi / 151 km (B,D)|
|Day 9||Glasgow||After time in Oban, travel through The Trossachs with its serene glens, lush forests, and rushing rivers. Admire the stunning scenery of Scotland's first national park. Enjoy the breathtaking views at the 'Bonnie Banks' of Loch Lomond on your way to Glasgow for an orientation drive to see the fine 12th-century cathedral, imposing university buildings, and elegant Georgian squares built by wealthy tobacco barons. Enjoy free time this afternoon before a farewell dinner at a local restaurant.Today's Distance: 91 mi / 147 km (B,D)|
|Day 10||Glasgow||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$770No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).