The beautiful South comes alive on this wonderful vacation featuring locations that have played a role in the evolution of American music. This southern U.S. tour starts with two nights in Chicago, ends with two nights in New Orleans, includes two nights in Nashville and Memphis, and an overnight in St. Louis. Enjoy a sightseeing tour or an orientation tour in each of the cities. Highlights of this tour include places near and dear to music lovers' hearts. In Nashville, visit the Country Music Hall of Fame, with its rare instruments and Elvis Presley's 'solid-gold' Cadillac, and RCA Studio B, Nashville's oldest remaining recording studio and where Elvis Presley, Dolly Parton, and many more stars recorded their biggest hits. You'll also enjoy the world-famous Grand Ole Opry, a must for any country music fan and where you'll have reserved seating for a show. In Memphis, see where the film, 'Walk the Line,' was filmed and visit Graceland, Elvis' palatial estate. Other tour highlights include a trip to the top of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. A visit to the Tina Turner Museum plus the B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center. Discover the life of B.B. (Blues Boy) King, from his humble beginnings to his big break on Beale Street in Memphis. In Louisiana, perhaps enjoy an optional boat cruise through the swampy waterways. On this southern U.S. tour, you'll also have plenty of time to explore on your own or to join optional outings. In Memphis, you may want to join an optional excursion to Sun Studio or visit a blues club on famous Beale Street. In New Orleans, you may want to visit a plantation or shop in the French Quarter. For music lovers and those desiring to experience the South, this value-minded tour is the perfect vacation!
Call (614) 272-5229 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15132994
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Chicago||Welcome to the 'Windy City.' Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||Chicago||Included sightseeing shows off the city's landmarks, then an afternoon at leisure. Maybe ride the elevator to the top of Willis Tower, formerly known as the Sears Tower, or enjoy one of Chicago's legendary blues clubs.|
|Day 3||St. Louis||Travel across the fertile Illinois farmlands to St. Louis, 'Gateway to the West.' An orientation tour includes a trip to the top of the Gateway Arch National Park, which commemorates the city's key role in westward expansion. Visit the museum under the Arch, celebrating Lewis & Clark's famous expedition 200 years ago.|
|Day 4||Nashville||Recross the Mississippi River today and roll southeast to Paducah on the Ohio River. Late-afternoon arrival in Nashville. (B)|
|Day 5||Nashville||Start the day with a sightseeing tour of Nashville's famous landmarks and the Music Row recording studios. Tour historic RCA Studio B, cradle of the 1960s 'Nashville Sound' where stars such as Dolly Parton, Elvis Presley, Eddy Arnold, Willie Nelson, and the Everly Brothers recorded many of their biggest hits. Afterward, visit the Country Music Hall of Fame with its glittering costumes, rare instruments, and Elvis' 'solid-gold' Cadillac! Tonight, enjoy reserved seating for a show at the world-famous Grand Old Opry, a mecca for country musicians.|
|Day 6||Memphis||Visit the Tina Turner Museum in the one-room schoolhouse attended by a young Anna Mae Bullock (a.k.a. Tina Turner). See the collection of the 'Queen of Rock's' memorabilia, including costumes, gold records and even her high school yearbook! Afterward, cross Tennessee to Memphis, 'Home of the Blues' and a city with a distinct Southern flavor. Enjoy an orientation tour on arrival and see where the film Walk the Line was filmed. Consider the optional excursion to Sun Studio, where rock 'n' roll was first recorded, followed by dinner at a local restaurant.|
|Day 7||Memphis||A good portion of the day is devoted to Graceland, Elvis Presley's beautiful estate. Your guided audio tour focuses on the memorial garden, and the opulent 15,000-square-foot mansion. Return to Memphis mid-afternoon and, if you haven't done so already, get a taste of Memphis with some southern barbecue or visit the Rock 'n' Soul Museum on historic Beale Street.|
|Day 8||New Orleans||Today, make your way through the state of Mississippi. Visit the B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center. Discover the life of B.B. (Blues Boy) King, from his humble beginnings to his big break on Beale Street in Memphis, TN. An evening arrival in New Orleans allows the opportunity for exploring this lively city on your own.|
|Day 9||New Orleans||A full morning is dedicated to the sights and sounds of New Orleans, featuring a guided tour that includes the French Quarter landmarks, St. Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, and a visit to a unique above-ground cemetery. This afternoon, join an optional tour of one of the many plantation homes in southern Louisiana. The architecture and beauty of these homes alone is impressive and the stories that go with them are even better. This evening, perhaps join an optional Mississippi River dinner cruise, and enjoy a delightful buffet dinner complete with live jazz-the perfect finale to a memorable touring adventure of the South.|
|Day 10||New Orleans||Your vacation ends this morning. You can extend your vacation with extra nights and explore the 'Big Easy' further.|
- Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).