GLOBUS 2019/2020: German Escape (KDA)
7 days from Berlin to Munich
When you think of Germany, what comes to mind? Varied and beautiful countryside, medieval towns with their old world charm, a contrasting capital city where history has blended old and new styles together, or perhaps savoring German food with a stein of beer. If so, all of this and more are included on this marvelous guided tour of Germany from Berlin to Munich. Sightseeing in each city includes the must-see sights. In Berlin, you'll visit Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, badly damaged during the war and today a symbol of reconciliation. During your orientation in Dresden, visit the courtyard of Zwinger Palace, one of Germany's best-known baroque buildings. In Munich, visit the lively Marienplatz. Here, observe the famous Glockenspiel, which re-creates a 16th-century wedding. Step back in history with a Local Guide when you visit Augsburg, one of Germany's oldest cities. Globus treats you to an incomparable experience-an overnight in medieval Rothenburg with its ramparts and towers, cobblestone lanes, and 16th-century houses. A typical farewell dinner at a local restaurant in Munich completes your German experience. Throughout this escorted tour of Germany, your Tour Director will share the ins and outs of its history, secrets, culture, and language. So all you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy this fantastic German Escape.
Call (614) 272-5229 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14357517
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Berlin||Time to rest or to start exploring the German capital. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Berlin||Sightseeing with a Local Guide in the once-divided metropolis includes the elegant Ku'damm, the restored Reichstag, Charlottenburg Palace, a picture stop at monumental Brandenburg Gate, and the Holocaust Memorial, and the 210-foot Victory Column in the vast Tiergarten park. Visit the KAISER WILHELM MEMORIAL CHURCH with its bomb-damaged tower, drive along Unter den Linden boulevard, and pass the State Opera House and Checkpoint Charlie. (B)|
|Day 3||Dresden||Dresden, former capital of Saxony. Badly damaged by Allied bombing in February 1945, the city has since been restored to its baroque splendor. During your orientation, see the Zwinger Palace COURTYARD with its impressive architecture; the magnificent baroque Semper Opera, originally built in 1841-first destroyed by fire, then destroyed by bombing, and finally restored in 1985. Also see the newly rebuilt Frauenkirche. (B)|
|Day 4||Rothenburg||Rothenburg for [LF] an overnight stay in this magical medieval town, with its ramparts and towers, cobblestone lanes, and 16th-century houses. Enjoy an orientation walk and hear how the town survived the Thirty Years' War. Perhaps, shop for Christmas ornaments. (B)|
|Day 5||Munich||Drive south through Bavaria to the city of Augsburg. During your guided sightseeing see the cathedral, the Rathausplatz, and the Perlach Tower, the city's most famous landmarks. The highlight is a visit to the TOWN HALL with its baroque Golden Hall. An interesting visit to the Fuggerei has also been included. A city within the city, the Fuggerei was founded almost 500 years ago by Jakob Fugger the Rich as a housing complex for needy Augsburgers, and it has been in continuous operation fulfilling its mission since that time. Here, in the oldest social housing complex in the world, visitors experience a fascinating journey through history-and the normal everyday life of its current residents. Continue to the Bavarian capital Munich. (B)|
|Day 6||Munich||Sightseeing with a Local Guide of Germany's 'Secret Capital,' the Olympic Stadium, built for the 1972 Olympics, and the 1,000-foot-high Olympic Tower. Drive along the Ludwigstrasse, and see the Bavarian Arch of Triumph and Field Marshall Hall. Also see the Konigsplatz, and visit MARIENPLATZ with its Old and the New Town Halls and the gothic Frauenkirche. In the evening, a [LF] farewell dinner at a local restaurant is the best way to celebrate your German Escape. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Munich||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double or triple room occupancy.The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.Extra nights per person in Berlin:in single room $117, in twin $67, in triple $61 Extra nights per person in Munich:in single room $107, in twin $66, in triple $60
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).